Saturday, May 17, 2008

An update from the mountains

It's still rather surreal to me that I can be sat here at the resort, in the middle of no where, up in the mountains, and be able to update a blog!

Technology eh?

Anyway, as some of you may know there has been so horrible weather in the the region lately and thus we have seen a lot of rain and strong winds up here this past week. In fact as I am sat here typing this bits of paper off my desk are flying around and hitting me in the face.

Still, as long as I am in shelter, it's quite a beautiful sight.

The Resort is moving along in the right direction. We are currently in the process of hiring some more management staff to up the professionalism of the resort.

We have begun phase 2 developments. This consists of six new guest accommodation's and a central unit which will have a new bar, restaurant and check in area. For the guest area , we are toying with the name Kalana-Way Village. This is because Kalana-Way is the name for the local trees that grew in their area, and that the way the units are structured, it will look like its own mini village!

Otherwise it is business as usual up here.

Wuhoh here comes the rain.

-Tim

3 comments:

jason said...

ur staff r so anoing.,, mga chimoso they dont know how to care there customer.shy if they see customers.i fill comportabe in you resort but they did'nt treat us nicely

jason said...

you place is so beautiful but they flat our tires if they did'nt like us.specially if drink at nightime

Sun Xi and Xi Shack said...

Mr. Jason

Thank you for your comments about Sun Xi Resort.

I am sorry that your visit was not complete to your satisfaction and expectations.

We are currently in our soft opening period. During this phase, staff training is still on going. Our current team are new to this industry and do perhaps not have a high standard in customer service just yet.We see this as an exciting challenge, and look forward to overcoming this matter.

We are in a recruitment phase as well, therefore if you know of anyone who may offer better care for our customers, do encourage them to apply at the resort.

Regarding the incident of reported vandalism to your tires. I understand from my investigations, that this took place off the resort premises, and was very likely perpetrated by none resort staff. This however is a very serious matter, and I will ensure to bring it to the attention of the local authorities, in order to make certain that the property of guests to Sun Xi Resort will not be violated.

I do hope you are able to read this message as you did not leave any contact details for me to reply to.

I am at the resort two weeks in every month. I would like to invite you to come by so that we may discuss your visit again further.

Otherwise my email address is timothy.ford@sunxiventures.com

I thank you once again for your comments

-Timothy Ford
General Manager